18 November 2005

Time is but a river I go a fishin' in . . .

And boy is it flowing fast right now. Yeep. Can it really be November 18th? Three weeks left of classes, then one week of exams, of which I have none (woohoo!). And yet there's so much to do . . .

It's been a bit of a rough week. I had high hopes of getting a lot done, but due to some, um, emotional trauma, I ended up unable to focus on homework, so instead Teresa and I watched movies for three nights in a row. Not a particularly productive use of time, but necessary.



Despite some of the heartache, though--or perhaps through it?--God has been teaching me about forgiveness. I'd kind of forgotten about such things as forgiveness, grace, compassion. That is, I'd forgotten about them in the context of showing them to someone who hurt me. And I was reminded again this week that even when I'm not big enough or brave enough or strong enough to be gracious, to show forgiveness, that God is big enough and brave enough and strong enough in my place. And that's all I really need, isn't it? I'd forgotten what it was like to have God create that space in my heart when I wasn't capable of doing it on my own. And He did it so quickly, too--I am blessed.



I am blessed, too, by the friends I have here in Missoula. I was sitting in my writing class today, looking around at everyone, and thinking just how much I like them all. The people with whom I interact every day are wonderful and funny and kind and good; they have added a richness to my life that I haven't had in a long time. It's nice to have wonderful people nearby to complement all my friends scattered across the globe: I love you all.



Okay, when I get sappy it's definitely time to sign off. Blessings and peace to all of you, wherever you may be!

2 comments: