This morning was windy, but it was a blustery March wind, so, despite the cold, the smell of spring was in the air, blowing down the mountains and along the Clark Fork River. I can't wait until the trees start leafing out and the grass turns green. Crocuses are popping up in people's yards, and all the seeds in the greenhouse out at the PEAS farm are germinating, so spring is on its way. Bit by bit.
Spring break is coming up--it starts this Friday for me. I was hoping to be able to take off and do something wild and crazy away from Missoula, but then I looked at my work load and realized I can't afford the time. I do hope to get out of town for a couple of days, though. Even a day trip to the hot springs or to Glacier would be refreshing.
Last week I caught a nasty cold . . . my throat hurt so badly, and when I tried to swallow it was as if I had a golf ball in my throat. UGH. I thought perhaps I had strep throat, but I went to the doctor and she told me it was just a virus. But what a nasty fiend of a virus it was! I'm finally feeling better--I've been drinking lots of tea, getting nine hours of sleep a night, eating my vegetables, and slacking on my homework. Anything to get well again!
We are now getting more daytime than nighttime--I love having more than 12 hours of sunlight! I took a walk tonight at 7, and it wasn't even dark yet, though twilight fell as I headed along the riverwalk. I love the way the streetlights shine yellow against the sky, how they reflect golden on the dark smoothness of the river.
I can't wait until summer. Hot hot sunny days, rafting on the icy waters of the Blackfoot, sunlight streaming over the mountains, band playing in Caras park on Thursday nights, the Farmer's Market every Saturday, no homework . . . oh, glorious Montana summer!
In the meantime, however, I have work to do. And much as I'd like to just sit around and read non-school books for the rest of the evening, I really ought to mark some research papers . . .
Love to all!
Spring break is coming up--it starts this Friday for me. I was hoping to be able to take off and do something wild and crazy away from Missoula, but then I looked at my work load and realized I can't afford the time. I do hope to get out of town for a couple of days, though. Even a day trip to the hot springs or to Glacier would be refreshing.
Last week I caught a nasty cold . . . my throat hurt so badly, and when I tried to swallow it was as if I had a golf ball in my throat. UGH. I thought perhaps I had strep throat, but I went to the doctor and she told me it was just a virus. But what a nasty fiend of a virus it was! I'm finally feeling better--I've been drinking lots of tea, getting nine hours of sleep a night, eating my vegetables, and slacking on my homework. Anything to get well again!
We are now getting more daytime than nighttime--I love having more than 12 hours of sunlight! I took a walk tonight at 7, and it wasn't even dark yet, though twilight fell as I headed along the riverwalk. I love the way the streetlights shine yellow against the sky, how they reflect golden on the dark smoothness of the river.
I can't wait until summer. Hot hot sunny days, rafting on the icy waters of the Blackfoot, sunlight streaming over the mountains, band playing in Caras park on Thursday nights, the Farmer's Market every Saturday, no homework . . . oh, glorious Montana summer!
In the meantime, however, I have work to do. And much as I'd like to just sit around and read non-school books for the rest of the evening, I really ought to mark some research papers . . .
Love to all!
I love you, sister.
ReplyDeletePost, dearie. Keep me updated. I got my meds yesterday, so I think I can look forward to some improvement. Hooray for drugs.
ReplyDelete