I moved to Missoula! I can't believe I've been here for a year. I haven't been in one place for a year since I lived in Chicago. Happy anniversary to me! I had my first day of work at Adventure Life, which consisted of researching the geography and history and culture of Vietnam and starting to write up mini-articles on those topics, and mailing about 25 catalogs to random people. It's a good working environment--a small office, with the people very friendly and welcoming. I think I'm going to enjoy the work, though it's been awhile since I've worked in an office. I need to brush up on some long-unused skills. Like typing on a desktop system rather than a laptop, for instance!
Isn't it about time for me to post pictures again? Here's me and Teresa looking gorgeous (of course!), at our friend Erin's graduation party. It was a pretty wild affair--hors d'ouvres, live music, a professional drag queen performance . . .

The second picture portrays Al's Transformation From Iowa Girl To Missoula Girl. Note quintessential Missoula accessories: dog, Nalgene, bike, dorky smile, gaucho pants, olive oil, Western Family snack crackers (well, that's more a Poor Graduate Student accessory than a Missoula Girl accessory, but oh, well), and, last but not least, Chacos! Missing: devastatingly attractive curly-haired guitar-playing boy. Just squint and use your imagination. :)

Isn't it about time for me to post pictures again? Here's me and Teresa looking gorgeous (of course!), at our friend Erin's graduation party. It was a pretty wild affair--hors d'ouvres, live music, a professional drag queen performance . . .

The second picture portrays Al's Transformation From Iowa Girl To Missoula Girl. Note quintessential Missoula accessories: dog, Nalgene, bike, dorky smile, gaucho pants, olive oil, Western Family snack crackers (well, that's more a Poor Graduate Student accessory than a Missoula Girl accessory, but oh, well), and, last but not least, Chacos! Missing: devastatingly attractive curly-haired guitar-playing boy. Just squint and use your imagination. :)

Happy anniversary, love. Is that your dress? I heart it. I kinda want it! And the transformation fits you wonderfully. = ) Check out my blog for europix!
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah...are you sure that's olive oil?
ReplyDeleteHey Girlie, What's so Montana girl about Olive Oil and Nalgenes... You've had those forever! : )
ReplyDeleteOf COURSE it's olive oil. Sillie sisturr.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, I've had my Nalgene for, oh, almost exactly four years now! (I tell ya, Jen, you couldn't have given me a better present. :) I use it EVERY DAY.) I suppose I should have replaced the olive oil with a baguette, and the Nalgene with one of those metal water containers . . . next time I'll get it right. :)