12 November 2006

The Contents of My Freezer

This afternoon I was putting something in the freezer. Don't remember what. And I noticed that our freezer was absolutely overflowing with stuff. But I had no idea what most of it was. So Teresa and I spent half an hour in archaeological pursuits. Here is what we found:

*1 large ziplock bag of chicken broth
*3 large bags of freezer-burned ice
*6 ears of corn, freezer burned
*2 pork loins, fresh (i.e., just put there two days ago)
*1 hunk of unidentifiable meat from our friend Christa, who borrowed some freezer space since her old roommate took up all of theirs
*2 pieces of uncooked chicken, still palatable
*1 tupperware container with 1 extremely freezer-burned piece of steak and one extremely freezer-burned hamburger, left over from when Mom and Dad visited in July (whoops!). Currently thawing in the fridge. Will give to Sasha tomorrow (lucky dog!).
*1 small bag of sliced zucchini, unreedemable
*1 small bag of sliced peppers, fresh
*1 piece of spinach lasagne
*1 3"x8" pan of lasagne, for a rainy day
*1 large yogurt container full of lentil soup, also for a rainy day
*1 large yogurt container full of unknown soup, for yet another rainy day
*1 full loaf of bread
*6 partial loaves (mostly ends) of bread
*2 bags of corn tortillas (~25)
*1 Caribou Coffee Vanilla Latte bar (where the heck did it come from? Not mine, not Teresa's . . . it's a mystery. Wendi and Scott, perhaps?)
*2 ice cube trays of fuzzy ice
*1 partial bag of frozen peas
*1 partial bag of frozen mixed vegetables
*1 cooler ice pack, small
*4 containers of ice cream:
Cookies and Creme, generic brand (age: 4 months? more? has now been washed down sink)
Rocky Mountain Rubble, generic brand (age: 3 months? same fate as above)
Cookies and Creme, Dreyers brand (age: 3 weeks: still good)
French Vanilla, Albertson's brand (age: 2 weeks: still good)

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode in The Life and Times of Al! Up next: The Contents of My Fridge, or perhaps, even more thrilling: The Contents of The Recycling Cave of Death (or RCoD).

8 comments:

  1. Don't worry, we'll feed ya good when you come visit! Heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would inspire me to inspect my own freezer, except that I already know what's there: frozen pizzas. Many, many frozen pizzas. All of them edible for a good long time to come. :) ~ ldkb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm jealous. I'll trade the contents of my freezer for the contents of your freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's make a deal: I'll come out to Montana and help you throw away the contents of your freezer, and you come out to Grand Rapids and help me polish off the contents of my freezer. And then hang out here for a few months. You'll be too full to move for a while, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your freezer is amazing! I wish that I could have that variety at my (frozen) fingertips. Alas, my freezer is 3/4 stuffed with cooked, frozen squash. Quite boring. The rest is occupied with misc. frozen vegetables and ice cream. Although, I do believe there is a bit of frozen fruits . . . mmmmm, I know that I bought them way back. Eeewww. I just realized that I moved them with me twice. Iowa to Minnesota in May, and rental house to bought house in August. I think they need to see the garbage tonight.

    ReplyDelete