Yes, it's snowing here in Missoula, Montana, and it's beautiful. Even if it is 5:40 p.m. and completely dark already. I woke up half an hour before my alarm this morning, and looked outside, and there was the lightest dusting on grass and trees and roofs, and I just had to be out in it, so I went for an invigorating walk. It was a lovely way to begin my day. And then I dressed up, feeling quite sexy and, of course, empowered. A good way to begin the week.
I might be going to New Orleans in January. A couple of profs from the EVST department are leading a class which focuses on environmental and social justice, and New Orleans seems to be a good place to examine both. I've signed up for the class, but I have to work out the logistics. My tuition is paid for, but I still have to get myself down there--I'm going to do my best to go, as I think it will be very worthwhile.
We have a short week this week (the first since Labor Day week!) because of Veteran's Day on Friday. Support your local veteran! Or something. It's also Teresa's birthday this weekend, so we're in the process of planning the party--or, I should say, the fiesta, since it will be Mexican-themed. Chips 'n salsa, margaritas, a piƱata, strip Twister . . . oh, wait. :P We were asking for suggestions today from fellow EVSTers for fun things to do; fortunately we are under no obligation to implement any of them. Besides, we don't really have room to play Twister in our apartment. Hee.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
(Okay, okay, I know it's not Christmas, but it's snowing for heaven's sake. It feels like Christmas.)
I might be going to New Orleans in January. A couple of profs from the EVST department are leading a class which focuses on environmental and social justice, and New Orleans seems to be a good place to examine both. I've signed up for the class, but I have to work out the logistics. My tuition is paid for, but I still have to get myself down there--I'm going to do my best to go, as I think it will be very worthwhile.
We have a short week this week (the first since Labor Day week!) because of Veteran's Day on Friday. Support your local veteran! Or something. It's also Teresa's birthday this weekend, so we're in the process of planning the party--or, I should say, the fiesta, since it will be Mexican-themed. Chips 'n salsa, margaritas, a piƱata, strip Twister . . . oh, wait. :P We were asking for suggestions today from fellow EVSTers for fun things to do; fortunately we are under no obligation to implement any of them. Besides, we don't really have room to play Twister in our apartment. Hee.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
(Okay, okay, I know it's not Christmas, but it's snowing for heaven's sake. It feels like Christmas.)
SNOW!
ReplyDeleteDoes New Orleans replace our Toronto plan? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteAfter much careful thought and deliberation, I decided that Toronto is more important than New Orleans. At least in the visiting sense. At least for me. Because if I HAD decided to go to New Orleans, it would have made my whole vacation too cramped, especially since I DO want to go to Toronto. So to answer your question, yes, it would have, but no, it's not going to. :)
ReplyDeleteHooray. Of course, I'm not sure if I'm definitely going or not. Read my blog...I've published twice!
ReplyDeleteHi hi Allison!! I just wanted to let you know that we have a link to your blog on our web page now, so feel free to check it out! Love you girl! Thanks for the e-mail, it was great to hear from you again!
ReplyDeleteIn Christ
Rita
Hi hi Girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment!! I was wondering when you are coming here for Christmas, we are going to be gone from dec 21-jan 1 or so. Will we still get a chance to get together??
Love you girl!
rita
It snowed/is snowing in Sioux Center today. I don't know what is going on outside as I am caged in a basement.
ReplyDeleteJohne is right. The snow is falling (or more accurately, the light-colored slush). Wish you were here to throw me in it...
ReplyDeleteToo busy to blog? Too busy to communicate with your only little sister?
ReplyDelete